The information nurses need…when, where, and how they need it!
Today’s most comprehensive nursing drug guide emphasizes safety 1st!
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Twelfth Edition always puts safety first…emphasizing the information nurses need to know to administer medications competently and safely…across the lifespan. Well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade name drugs reflect the latest FDA approvals and changes.
The TWELFTH EDITION at a glance…
- NEW and UPDATED CONTENT
- NEW! Free, 1-year subscription to Drug Guide Online (DrugGuide.com) featuring over 1,500 complete drug monographs, the latest FDA approvals, and much more.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated monographs.
- UPDATED! Evidence-based content related to pharmacotherapeutics.
- UPDATED! Full-color insert, including photographs of “Tall Man,” high alert, and commonly seen drugs.
- NEW! Additional headings for special populations.
- EXPANDED! Herbal content.
- UPDATED! Cost information for 200 top drugs.
- UPDATED! Nursing diagnoses.
Patient safety and preventing medication errors
- More high-alert coverage and patient safety information than any other drug guide.
- Life-threatening side effects…
- most frequently encountered problems
- “do not confuse with,” “do not crush, break, or chew” medications
- how to avoid common errors, where appropriate.
- Drug-drug, drug-natural products, and drug-food interactions.
- How to administer medication safely by all routes, with information on…
- preparation and mixture of oral meds
- methods for parenteral administration, toxicity and signs of overdose
- dosing considerations for patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- much more!
- Thorough Patient and Family Teaching Guidelines.
- Well-structured and readable
- Organized by generic drug name, with an index that includes generic and trade names, classifications, combination drugs, and herbals.
- An engaging, easy-to-read style.
Safety 1st with Unique clinical and learing tools!
- Online at DavisPlus (No fee. No password. No registration.)
A wealth of interactive activities, tools, and resources provide even more ways to ensure safety 1st.
- NEW! Interactive Flash cards present the generic name of a drug on one side, and the brand name(s) and therapeutic classification on the other.
- NEW! Audio podcasts feature information on how to use Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses • evidence-based practice and pharmacotherapeutics • NEW! pharmacogenomics • medication errors • special dosing considerations • and educating patients.
- Animations demonstrate the administration and absorption of oral drugs and schematic brain illustrations depict the impact of certain DSM disorders and the effect of psychotropic medications on patients.
- Video Clips illustrate the safe administration of medications.
- Interactive Case Studies develop critical thinking skills through brief “real-life” scenarios followed by a series of questions with answers and rationales.
- Select Tutorials provide an evidence-based overview of safe and effective medication administration. (A multiple-choice self-test for each topic helps students assess their mastery.)
- And more!